Saturday, June 13, 2009

Beach Babe

Fri. 6/12
*Galveston*
L apparently thinks Mangie+Friday=Beach
L was excited that Mangie was here..
and wanted to go to the beach again.
We waited to see if she remembered Friday morning......well......we went to the beach!>:)
After sleeping in past 10:00....and driving down and finding a spot...
we got there right at NOON...ouch!!
We only stayed for a few hours...L was lathered and slathered with 50 and 70 spf sunscreen....and re-lathered and re-slathered...
and Mommy and Mangie, well...I guess we thought we would be fine...
since it was the hottest part of the day and all...
in Texas....
in June...
on the water!!
One word-
OUCH!!!!
Oowweee zowie...talk about a rough night...and I am still hurting...M thinks I have a bit of sun poisoning....my arms/chest/back are all very achy....my bones hurt..and the top half of me is on fire...of course my legs are still ghost white...of course!!
ANYHOW...we had a great time...and enjoyed watching L play on the beach...again.:)

working up the courage to fill her bucket with water...she did it.:)
waiting..waiting...waiting..that's one way to do it.:)

I DID IT!!!
(double click to look at that excited face)

L was so excited to feed the "Eagles"

this was after the beach...and a few stops...almost home

Life is good!

How could you not take this cute thing to the beach?!?!

My little designer...
she collected shells the whole time we were at the beach...
then decided..
on her own...
that it would look nice if they were all around the sandcastles...
very cute!!
Feeding the "eagles" and wanting them to catch the bread before it dropped

No comments: